20081024

Public vs. Private Schools



I've noticed something different about our eldest child since he left the small private K-8 school he attended for 9 years. Now that he's attending one of the largest public high schools in the state, I haven't seen his ears in weeks.

I admit there are a couple variables in play. We have the middle vs. high school thing. Then there's the private vs. public school thing. My observations indicate that missing ear syndrome is far more common in public middle schools, while most ears remain accounted for in private high schools. So this leads to my hypothesis. Our public schools ear retention programs aren't working. Lets learn from the successful ear retention programs in our private schools. Whatever they're doing, it works.

3 comments:

P. Ollig said...

You're determined to give your son a complex, aren't you?

If I remember right, it was about 9th grade that my ears started to disappear, too. They didn't reappear until the army rediscovered them.

kippur said...

I had only one ear through most of high school. It wasn't until college that both disapeared. Ears are overrated.

MamaDotz said...

Ears, ears, and no ears!! Thanks for the heads-up about the disappearance of them. This realization comes when my boys are only in the 4th grade, but I appreciate your wisdom and insight! LOVE, as always, all the pictures. Especially Miss Alondra and the beautiful sunrise/sunset picture bringing out the colors! AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing. Vicki