20080119

Home Again

We were able to come home yesterday afternoon. It's really nice having everyone under one roof again. It was only 2 nights in the hospital but it seemed like a lot longer.

Alondra is feeling better, though the throat is a little rough in the morning and she still tires easily. Sitting in the steamy bathroom helps the throat feel better. And naps take care of being tired. The hard part is she wants to go full steam and then within a few hours she crashes. It's not fun calming her down once she crashes, but it's not easy trying to slow her down so she doesn't crash either.

Now for something completely different, Ranger Paul tagged me the other day. Seems he forgot we've been there done that. Then he did the iPod meme. I like that one better - so here's mine.

  1. Waiting for the Weekend - The Vapors
  2. American Idiot - Green Day
  3. No Ordinary Love - Sade
  4. Lucky - Hoobastank
  5. She Is My Everything - John Prine
  6. What Do You Do For Money Honey - AC/DC
  7. Let Go - BarlowGirl
  8. I Am - Train
  9. Twist And Shout - The Beetles
  10. Fell In Love With A Boy - Joss Stone
  11. Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin
  12. Perfect Situation - Weezer
  13. Spiderwebs - No Doubt
  14. World Go 'Round - No Doubt
  15. SOS - Rihanna
  16. Undecided - Louis Armstrong
  17. For Crying Out Loud - Meat Loaf
  18. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
  19. Just Like a Woman - Bob Dylan
  20. Rock And a Hard Place - The Rolling Stones
The scary bit is that my list share's an artist with Ranger Paul's. I thought about trying again, but that would be cheating. At least Amanda agree's that artist is one of the few on Ranger Paul's list worth listening to. Everyone know's Amanda has impeccable taste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Alondra is feeling better!!!!! I also think it's cute how Lauren likes to play the Little People toys with her!! I am so happy that cool "Little People Castle" went to "someone'S" who enjoy it!!! Why no JOHN DENVER on the meme IPOD thingy?? Mine would have had Him, The Backstreet Boys, ASIA, Celine Dion, Simon & Garfunkle, The Beetles, Chicago, Boston & a few others you probably would have just LOVED!!! :o) Have a nice COZY weekend! Nice day for a walk in the snow, eh? This is the kind of weekend Dad would have thrown some logs on the fire & we would have roasted hot dogs in the living room!! Gas fireplaces don't work that way!! Janine

kippur said...

I just did my Ipod list and here is what came up...

...I guess I need an Ipod before I can participate. Well one thing I know for sure, it wouldn't have Celine or Back Street Boys!

Amanda said...

Nice...So, yeah John Prine does indeed rock. I also suggest giving Robert Earl Keen a listen as well. Or maybe Son Volt perhaps. I went to one of their concerts this past summer...check them out!